Effective Thursday, Mar. 21, 2019 The Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control Halted Sales of all CBD Products
KNOE Channel 8 News in Louisiana is reporting along with multiple media outlets that effective Mar. 21, 2019 The Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control Halted Sales of all CBD products in Louisiana. According to the ATC there have been complaints that some of the CBD products being sold in the state of Louisiana may contain THC.
As with many other states, the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill by the United States Congress, Louisiana state law is now in conflict with federal law, which legalized the growing of the hemp product. The agency doesn’t think the packaging clearly distinguishes between the THC form and the Hemp form of CBD oil. Some of our affiliate products may be on the list of banned CBD substances so please obey your state laws in regards to purchasing CBD in the state of Louisiana.
CBD advisory n
Retailers and the ATC are both looking to Louisiana legislatures on guidance about CBD products from hemp oil versus the medicinal marijuana version of the products that contain THC. THC is not legal in the state of Louisiana, and is not present in high enough amounts to produce the psychoactive effects produced by marijuana, a different plant but both cannabis species.
Stay tuned to Disciple 420 for more breaking news on CBD law in Louisiana and states all around the country. Thanks for reading, and be sure to check out Disciple 420’s latest blog posts for news and product reviews on CBD products around the United States.
- KNOE Channel 8 News Louisiana – https://www.knoe.com/content/news/ATC-commissioner-halts-the-sale-of-CBD-products-in-Louisiana-507859371.html
- Office of Louisiana Alcohol & Tobacco Commission – http://www.atc.rev.state.la.us/
- CBD Advisory Notice from ATC – http://www.atc.rev.state.la.us/docs/CBD%20Advisory%20Notice.pdf
- ATC Banned Substance List – http://www.atc.rev.state.la.us/docs/Updated%20List%20of%20Banned%20Subtances.pdf
- 2018 Farm Bill – https://www.agriculture.senate.gov/2018-farm-bill
Latest Disciple 420 Blog Posts
- “Deadly Vaping” – The New Anti-Marijuana Campaign
- USDA to Offer Crop Insurance for Industrial Hemp Crops
- Earn Money Watching Games Online
- DEA Announces Federal Government to Expand Cannabis Research
- Pure Gold Hemp Stix Pre-Roll CBD Reviews – Original Flavor