HB 2371, Which Would Have Legalized Marijuana, Defeated in Virginia General Assembly
While many thought that Virginia was right there on the brink of becoming legal and decriminalized, the bill got defeated again. HB 2371 was introduced by state Senator Steve E. Heretick, a long time advocate for cannabis and marijuana reform in the state of Virginia.
While the legalization of medicinal marijuana was a big win for marijuana & cannabis advocates in 2016, legalization of recreational marijuana will have to wait. The 2018 Farm Bill was also a big victory for the Virginia cannabis industry as well, legalizing the growth of the hemp version of the cannabis plant.
Another bill in the state General Assembly similar to HB 2371 was also defeated in the legislative session, which would have decriminalized simple possessions of marijuana offenses in the state of Virginia. This bill was introduced by Senator Adam Ebbin.
While both bills may have suffered defeat this time in the General Assembly, Virginia will be no different from other states having to deal with regulations and languages in state laws in regards to cannabis and the 2018 Farm Bill. The 2018 Farm Bill passed by the United States Congress last year is almost certain to bring the issues of legalizing marijuana & decriminalizing simple possession of marijuana again in the General Assembly.
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned to our blog and social media outlets for more breaking news in the Virginia General Assembly. Also, be sure to check out our latest blog posts on Disciple 420 concerning other issues related to the cannabis and CBD industries.
- Virginia Legislative Information System – https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?191+sum+HB2371
- 2018 Farm Bill – https://www.agriculture.senate.gov/2018-farm-bill
- Steve Heretick YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIeQ2DwasVfu36kmFcFx3OA
- National Cannabis Festival YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCei9Ibm8pqsQAz8_Y2lJpqg
Latest Disciple 420 Posts
- Disciple 420 Top 10 Crypto Projects for 2021
- Disciple 420 Shit Coin of the Week – Week 1 – December 2020
- “Deadly Vaping” – The New Anti-Marijuana Campaign
- USDA to Offer Crop Insurance for Industrial Hemp Crops
- Earn Money Watching Games Online